Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Holding on to Chistmas as long as I can


Our life holds few distinctions but I think I may safely say that this last Christmas was the best Christmas ever. A number of factors contributed to its overall greatness: loved family members that seemed to be doing better than the last time we saw them, watching our parents bond with our daughter, presents (of course) and general festive cheer. We left feeling overwhelmed with our family's love and generosity and my being overwhelmed by the big gift of the year, a sewing machine. You have to understand that my mother and sisters are master seamstresses (I'll post pictures to prove it). But I really am excited to venture into the world of needle and thread during the next few rainy months.

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

I am glad you are home save and sound. I am glad you had such a wonderful Christmas. I hope to see you guys soon. Cool Christmas present. I can't wait to see your work.

Mindy said...

Your hair is getting so long! How fun! I missed seeing you guys over the holidays, but I am soooo excited about your sewing machine. I can't wait to talk shop!

Mama Wisch said...

Good Luck with the sewing.. I am horrible, so maybe one day you can give me lessons!!

The Fifes said...

hey, your christmas present is waiting for you in Des Moines. How can we get it to you? ;) foreverfife@gmail.com

Shauna said...

My mom gave me sewing lessons as a kid, I basically know how to sew a straight line, now I wish I would have paid attention. Have fun with your machine. I love that Eve has a candle in her mouth!