Last week we enjoyed a rarity in our lovely January clad Seattle. For days on end we had blue skies and bright sunshine. Alleluia! Everyday I put Eve in 4 to 5 layers of clothing and we walked everywhere. The post office, Trader Joe's, the park, Trader Joe's again and just around the neighborhood trying to stay in the sun as much as possible. One of our favorite destinations was a swing set in an Arboretum close by. We would swing until Eve got hungry so I'd nurse her there at the park and then we'd swing some more. Of course I would have to thaw our poor frozen child in the bath/sink when we got home but looking at the snow falling this morning I'm so glad we went out as much as we did last week. Hip hip hooray for sunny days!
Monday, January 28, 2008
Enjoying the sunshine even if we get frostbite dangit!
Last week we enjoyed a rarity in our lovely January clad Seattle. For days on end we had blue skies and bright sunshine. Alleluia! Everyday I put Eve in 4 to 5 layers of clothing and we walked everywhere. The post office, Trader Joe's, the park, Trader Joe's again and just around the neighborhood trying to stay in the sun as much as possible. One of our favorite destinations was a swing set in an Arboretum close by. We would swing until Eve got hungry so I'd nurse her there at the park and then we'd swing some more. Of course I would have to thaw our poor frozen child in the bath/sink when we got home but looking at the snow falling this morning I'm so glad we went out as much as we did last week. Hip hip hooray for sunny days!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Raised in a small South Dakota mining town where he learned the value of a sturdy pickaxe and native tubers, Scott is a man's man who knows the meaning of the word testosterone. Apart from devouring freshly slain beasts of the forest, Scott enjoys sharpening his tools, lifting heavy objects, and throwing a ball at a hoop suspended ten feet off of the ground. He also enjoys Romantic Era poetry and Italian cooking.
2 comments:
Your pictures are awesome! Eve is so beautiful and happy. I know what you mean about sunny days in Seattle. You have to take advantage. I think a sunny day here cancels out about five days of rain because the sunny days are so gorgeous!
I agree with Julie, Eve is so beautiful! And at least you have peace of mind now that she won't get Rickets disease.
Post a Comment