Thursday, February 19, 2009

A Poopy Day

This morning was a productive one. I made pizza sauce, dusted, cleaned the bathroom and did all the laundry. My Visiting Teachers were due to come soon so I stepped into the loo. Being pregnant I was in a bit of a rush and didn't realize until after that while Eve had been helping me clean the bathroom she had put 5 or so paper towels in the toilet. Yes we were overflowing. I tossed some rags on the floor to stop the water from spreading and ran for the plunger. Why clean the bathroom once when you can clean in twice and in the same day?

Well my Visiting Teachers came and went. They of course asked if I needed help with anything; if only they had gotten there an 20 minutes earlier....

Needless to say, we needed a break. With it being sunny and in the high fifties Eve and I decided to go for a walk. Everything was going great; blue skies, bright sunshine, flowers blooming, overflowing toilets all forgotten. And then it happened. Eve stepped in dog diarrhea. We hadn't walked that far but suddenly it seemed like miles. I knew there was a bench not far ahead so we headed for it. Just before we got there Eve ran to me asking me to hold her and just happened to step on my foot getting doggy do-do all over my shoe and the cuff of my one and only pair of maternity jeans (remember I had just done all the laundry that morning).

Anyway we got to the bench and I pulled Eve shoe and off. I tried all the usual things: hitting it against the curb, scraping and picking at it with a stick, wiping it off on the grass. The fact of the matter was, we needed water. We booked it home with me holding Eve in one arm with said poopy boot in the same hand and pushing the stroller with the other hand. Being obviously pregnant I'm sure I was a sight here in stoggy Madison Park.*

We made it home and I proceeded to power spray the bottom of Eve's boot off while she was restrained, I mean strapped into the stroller. I needed to water to be on full blast in order to dislodge the feces but then it also backfired and splattered all over me. I was cursing all dogs and their owners who leave puddles of doo-doo in the middle of the sidewalk.

I apologize for putting so many crude potty words on our blog but believe me, I wish I had never thought of those words today.

* The aristocrats of Seattle live in Madison Park. The neighborhood and nearby enclaves of Washington Park, Broadmoor and Denny Blaine have attracted Seattle's wealthiest families for generations. - Seattlepi.com

2 comments:

Kirsten and Steve said...

wow! That does sound like a poopy day. We have a dog that poops right in front of our back gate every day...so your story sounds oh so familiar. :) I really wish it didn't. Hope you are feeling well with this pregnancy!

Mindy said...

That really stinks.

I'm sorry about the yuckiness of the day. It does not sound very fun.