Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Strawberry Fields

Last Saturday we drove out to a little town called Carnation to pick strawberries (a recommendation from a friend who goes every year). By the time we found the place I was starving and to keep from eating all the strawberries I would pick, we decided to get a bite to eat before going to the field. The options were: Blake's Pizzeria and Pasta, some kid of pub with ample neon beer signs in the window and finally, a Mexican place called Ixtapa. We opted for the Mexican and had the best Mexican food since moving to Washington. Hallelujah! Afterwards Scott said that it was worth the drive just for lunch.

Anyway, we didn't turn around and go home but went and picked over 10 pounds of strawberries at 89 cents per pounds no less. Definitely the way to go. The name of the place is Harvold Farm for anyone who's interested. The strawberry season ends next Monday but their raspberries should be ripe and ready to pick soon.

Like our hunter-gatherer ancestors, we eat all parts of the strawberry.

Here's Eve going into Strawberry Shock

Thank goodness for bleach

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Yeah, thank heavens for bleach. Eve looks absolutely adorable in strawberry shock.

theRach said...

You guys are so funny...I just love the pictures of Eve and can't believe how much she's GROWN! And as always, it's nice to have an update on your little family. Colby and I miss you guys!