Most of you probably don't know this but Scott and I have been looking to move into another apartment. A week ago exactly we found one that we felt good about and we're planning on moving over the course of this week. Well, Friday afternoon we got a call from the guy that owns our old apartment (aka "Moldy Manor") with the news that he had some people that we're interested in the apartment but that they would have to be able to move in on Sunday. Scott called and reserved a truck and sent off an email to the Elder's Quorum asking for help.
Needless to say we're exhausted. We finished packing Friday night around midnight and picked up the truck Saturday morning. Because we're moving in early the new apartment (aka "Cat Hair Condominiums") it wasn't cleaned yet. So there was Scott loading up the truck while Eve and I tackled the apartment of a cat woman who had lived here for 13 years. Fun fun!
Late morning I got a call from my Japanese friend, Saeka, saying that they got Scott's email and asked when her husband should come to help and if she could come pick up Eve. We had thought about asking someone to watch Eve; in fact my visiting teaching companion had offered but she has three kids of her one withe youngest being younger than Eve so I felt bad adding to her load. Plus we haven't left her with anyone but my Mom and the only person here I would feel comfortable leaving her with was Saeka because Eve knows her and her twin daughters so well. But I knew they were out of town; they had gotten home late Friday night.
Sorry for the long explanation but it was such an answer to our prayers. Saeka's husband helped Scott with all the big stuff and, without having to take care of Eve, I was able to finish the cleaning. Eve, by the way had a great time and didn't cry at all. When I went to pick her up Saeka had grocery bags filled with homemade miso soup, sushi and fresh fruit so I wouldn't have to worry about making dinner. Bless her.
Now we are in and mostly unpacked. I have a mountain of laundry and Scott has a more than usual stressful work week ahead of him but we're alive and sane (in the loosest sense of the word).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Raised in a small South Dakota mining town where he learned the value of a sturdy pickaxe and native tubers, Scott is a man's man who knows the meaning of the word testosterone. Apart from devouring freshly slain beasts of the forest, Scott enjoys sharpening his tools, lifting heavy objects, and throwing a ball at a hoop suspended ten feet off of the ground. He also enjoys Romantic Era poetry and Italian cooking.
4 comments:
Aaaccckkkkk!!! Sounds like a NIGHTMARE. I'm glad you pulled it off and are now living in a cat- and mold-free home. And you should never worry about adding to my "load." One more kid is just one more bit of chaos. I'd help you any time!
Cat hair is digusting! I hope it didn't smell too bad! Where abouts is your new place? Still around Madison?
i'm so sad you didn't let us help! i hope you recover from the cat hair and the moving! are we still neighbors?
Post a Comment