Here's this season's line up (for those who are garden crazy like me):
Green Zebra: a tart medium-sized green tomato bred right here in Washington. A must every year.
Black Pear: a black Russian heirloom tomato I've never grown before. We'll see.
Principe Borghese: a large grape heirloom tomato from Italy. Traditionally used for sun-dried tomatoes. First time growing this one and I'm super excited.
French Carmello: another old tomato variety that's new to me. This one is supposed to be productive but still tasty. It's a red one but I'm not sure how big.
Sungold: everybody else seems to be planting one so why not. There's supposed to be pretty: an tangerine-orange cherry tomato.
Black Pear: a black Russian heirloom tomato I've never grown before. We'll see.
Principe Borghese: a large grape heirloom tomato from Italy. Traditionally used for sun-dried tomatoes. First time growing this one and I'm super excited.
French Carmello: another old tomato variety that's new to me. This one is supposed to be productive but still tasty. It's a red one but I'm not sure how big.
Sungold: everybody else seems to be planting one so why not. There's supposed to be pretty: an tangerine-orange cherry tomato.
Oh and I tossed in a lemon cucumber plant as well; a personal favorite.


Raised in a small South Dakota mining town where he learned the value of a sturdy pickaxe and native tubers, Scott is a man's man who knows the meaning of the word testosterone. Apart from devouring freshly slain beasts of the forest, Scott enjoys sharpening his tools, lifting heavy objects, and throwing a ball at a hoop suspended ten feet off of the ground. He also enjoys Romantic Era poetry and Italian cooking.
1 comment:
yeah for plants! i need to post mine too. they are certainly flourishing, and it's just so fun to go out and watch them grow! love it.
Post a Comment