Monday, April 6, 2009

I love marshes in the springtime...

This last weekend we had absolutely beautiful weather and Scott and I did all we could to take full advantage. In the two hours we had between Conference Sessions we went had a picnic lunch, fed ducks and played in the sand. Saturday night while Scott was having a bratwurst BBQ with the young men in the ward and their dads and then all went in the church to watch the Priesthood Session, Eve and I got together with a couple of other young men's leaders' wives and their kids. We had a potluck dinner and then went on a walk to this nature reserve down by Lake Washington that I had never been to before.

The accessibility of nature is one of the things that I love most about Seattle. This place was so awesome. We saw turtles, geese, otters, bald eagles and all kids of water fowl. Not to mention great views of the lake and Mount Rainier. Eve apparently loved it to because I had to carry her, screaming and kicking, across my shoulders all the way back. Bring on the contractions!

Despite the unfortunate exodus, I really liked this park so Sunday after the afternoon session I convinced Scott to go there instead of our usual nature escape, the Arboretum. The weather was even more beautiful than the day before and this time I had my camera. Plus Scott did all the heavy Eve-duty stuff (see below) so that was a nice change for me.

Feeding the goose

Trying to hug the goose

Scott saving the goose

We've been reading Winnie-the-Pooh to Eve lately and so when we saw some dog tracks in the mud we of course called them "paw marks" and spent the next 15 minutes being called Piglet as Eve tracked the Woozle.



1 comment:

Mindy said...

Great photos, Beck. The close-up of Eve is so darling. And you look fantastic!