Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Our Little Bambino


So we're under two months to zero hour now and we are still struggling with names for our soon to be arriving man-child. Eve is such a religious name we thought we would go with a literary name this time round. We actually have one name that we like but ideally we would go to the hospital having two or three solid names to choose from. That's where you come in. William and Thomas(in) have already been used by my sisters so they're out. Other than that we would love to hear what all of you suggest.

6 comments:

Bri said...

Hey thanks RebeKah! If you liked William you could do Liam. Eve and Aaron? or do something different like a city name like Shauna did with Rio. We like to use some portuguese influence because that is where Ben served a mission. You could look into that. Otherwise check out this for popular and less popular names http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/babynames/
its so fun! I have a huge baby name book to if you want to browse it for a month or so.

Mindy said...

Hmmm. Boy names are quite tricky, I think. I still love the name Edmond, but I don't think (my) Scott will warm up to it. Or there is Edward, which is a family name. But it is also apparently the name of a vampire in the Twilight craze, so everyone would think you named your son after him. I'm guessing that isn't the "literary" you are going for. James is very nice. Oliver. Patrick. Henry. Or there is Fitzwilliam Darcy, which has a very positive connotation... Good luck! I'm excited for my newest nephew to make his debut.

Shauna said...

Alright here's my quick list:
Atticus
Dante
Iago
Oliver
Roark
Walden
Sawyer
Canon
Caedmon
Romeo
Louis
Sampson
Quince
Just don't go with Harry (as in Potter) and you can't go wrong with a classic!

Rebekah said...

These are great suggestions. Bri, I think I will take you up on your offer and browse through your big baby name book for a few weeks. And Shauna, your list actually includes the one name we had thought of and don't worry, it's not Harry. And finally Mindy, it's not just your Scott that is a little cool towards the name Edmond. But I like it too.

Lizzy said...

It's all so elusive. I can't wait to be informed of the final choice! Of course, just having the baby is very exciting too.

Pablo said...

Hmm... here are a few names from literature that I won't be using because we're having a girl:

Ahab
Macbeth
Shylock
Fagin
Zarathustra
Darcy
Frankenstein (Franky for short)
Voldemort
Sauron
Moriarty
Humbert
Kurtz

Unfortunately, all the above names would have some kind of negative connotations (especially Darcy, who would probably grow up to be quite popular with the ladies, all while being a snobbish jerk to them)...

On the other hand, Sawyer is pretty cool for a first name... congrats on the upcoming boy!