Monday, December 8, 2008

Gingerbread Shanties

Yesterday we had some friends over to decorate gingerbread houses. This was one of my favorite Christmas traditions growing up so I was super excited to do it ourselves this year. Well, I soon realized after I started building the houses that I had only decorated gingerbread houses all those years and that I had no idea how hard it was to actually build them.

The first one turned out ok but believe me, there's a reason I waited to take a picture until after the frosting and candy was on it. So the first one was done so I tackled the second.

Kind of cute in an outhouse kind of way.

I stopped shortly after this masterpiece.

This was the basic division of labor: Jude and applying the frosting and studiously sticking on M&Ms, Life Savers and the like. Eve and Lila were helping to organize the candy as you can see in the above photo.

Just don't ask what's in the frosting.

No comments: