
If I had to describe my sister Mindy in one sentence it would be that she is practically perfect in every way. In fact that is what my Dad always said about her as a child and though Mindy is no longer a soft-spoken girl who had an innate sense of etiquette, it still holds true. It was at her house that we had our mini-family reunion last week and we all got to see Mindy and her family in their element.

Claire, who is 5, continues to be the sweet but amazingly head strong girl she was from day 1. At 18 months she was kicking elevator doors because they wouldn't open fast enough. She's been known to stash Halloween candy behind books. As Claire has grown up we've all seen how Mindy has channeled this energy away from temper tantrums and into things like sewing, cooking, and into my personal favorite, playing "Cinderella" (washing floors and windows) all of which Claire is amazingly competent at.

And then there's the lone boy cousin, Isaac, who got his name because his parents had to wait so long for him to come into the world. He is 18 months old and completely obsessed with his Mommy. He becomes very concerned whenever she leaves the room and watches the places where she disappeared to until she comes back. I have no doubt that both Claire and Isaac will end up being some of the best people my kids will know. Reason enough to try and live nearby don't you think?
2 comments:
I know I am no longer soft spoken, but I hope I still have a touch of etiquette in me! Love you Beck. Thanks.
Here, here to Saint Melinda. I quite agree.
Krista
Post a Comment