Thursday, November 15, 2007

Rainbow Fishing


Eve and I were on a nice walk down by Lake Washington where I was taking some pictures (see photo of the week). As we were walking along the beach we passed a man with a fishing pole who brightly said "beautiful day isn't it!?" "Um, yeah" I responded. It was actually quite gloomy and shortly thereafter started to rain. Anyway, the man went out on the dock and started fishing so I thought I would snap some photos. After a couple of shots he saw me and I asked if it was alright. He said it was but to wait. At this point he took off his orange puffy vest to reveal a much worn rainbow colored vest - 1. You've got to love Seattle.

1 - the rainbow is a self-adopted symbol of the gay community. There is "Double Rainbow" ice cream at our local grocery store with a subtitle of "San Fransisco's Official Ice Cream."

2 comments:

Jorgs said...

Hey Rebekah, awesome pictures, cute blog! It's always fun to see what's going on in the arboretum since I hardly ever go there!

Krista

Jorgs said...

Okay, I just read the rainbow entry. Yes ... you just have to love Seattle. I'll bet you left after your encounter! Still, cute pictures.

Krista