Scott and I have had a partiality towards independent shops and restaurants for some time now. The reasons for this are one, we like the environment of independents and find that it makes the whole experience substantially more enjoyable . Two, oftentimes the quality is superior, especially in service. And finally, we like supporting the little guy to be quite honest. Now that I've told you all this I must confess that money is still a deciding factor and that we make monthly trips to the local Targhetto for some things. However I am becoming more and more determined to buy less in order to be able to afford supporting the few independents still left. Well, that's my soapbox. I know that it is a personal choice as to where one spends one's money so don't feel like you will hurt my feelings if you disagree. Here are a few of our favorite independents: Farmer's Market, Elliott Bay Book Company, Belltown Pizza, Cookin' at Madison Park, Bottega Italiana, My Coffee House, and if we're in Utah, Mazza or Las Tarascas.
Friday, November 16, 2007
Independents vs. Chains
Scott and I have had a partiality towards independent shops and restaurants for some time now. The reasons for this are one, we like the environment of independents and find that it makes the whole experience substantially more enjoyable . Two, oftentimes the quality is superior, especially in service. And finally, we like supporting the little guy to be quite honest. Now that I've told you all this I must confess that money is still a deciding factor and that we make monthly trips to the local Targhetto for some things. However I am becoming more and more determined to buy less in order to be able to afford supporting the few independents still left. Well, that's my soapbox. I know that it is a personal choice as to where one spends one's money so don't feel like you will hurt my feelings if you disagree. Here are a few of our favorite independents: Farmer's Market, Elliott Bay Book Company, Belltown Pizza, Cookin' at Madison Park, Bottega Italiana, My Coffee House, and if we're in Utah, Mazza or Las Tarascas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Raised in a small South Dakota mining town where he learned the value of a sturdy pickaxe and native tubers, Scott is a man's man who knows the meaning of the word testosterone. Apart from devouring freshly slain beasts of the forest, Scott enjoys sharpening his tools, lifting heavy objects, and throwing a ball at a hoop suspended ten feet off of the ground. He also enjoys Romantic Era poetry and Italian cooking.
1 comment:
i'm a big fan of cookin' and the madison harware store!!!
Post a Comment