
As many of you know, we often have scriptural visitors in our home. Eve has an illustrated kids' Bible that she pretty much has memorized and one of her favorite games is to be various characters. Most often it is Joseph (who was sold into Egypt) or David with the rest of the family in supporting roles: Pharaoh, Benjamin (always Oak), Goliath. Though sometimes Goliath isn't there at the moment because he's gone out on a run.
Well now that Eve is in Primary we have a new visitor. I guess the Sunbeams' lesson on Sunday was about how Jesus has a body just like us. Of course Eve took the likening Jesus to ourselves to mean becoming Jesus. This is usually how it goes:
Eve: Mom, pretend you see someone coming down from the clouds. (She then runs behind a corner and then proceeds to walk slowly out with a slight smile kind-faced look.)
Me: Look Oak! Someone is coming down from the clouds. Who are you?
Eve: Jesus.
Me: Oh!
Eve: Is this Eve's house?
Me: Yes. I don't know where she is at the moment. Do you want to come have some lunch with Oak and me?
Eve: Sure. Just let me call my Disciples real quick. (Here she whips out her Duplo Block phone).
(in phone) Hey Disciples. It's me, Jesus. Yeah I'm just at Eve's house and we're going to have some lunch. I'll see you guys back at the boat. Ok. Ok. Bye.
(to me) That was just the Disciples.
Me: Ok. Should we say a prayer then.
Eve: Yeah.
I then proceed with a prayer in which Eve whispers the following instruction to me:
Eve: And we're thankful that Jesus could be here.
It really is wonderful when Jesus comes to visit. He is very helpful about picking up toys and taking care of his dishes. After a while he usually goes around a corner and then Eve comes back asking if someone was here today. I then tell her all about our special visitor. As Mindy pointed out when I told her all of this, let's just hope she doesn't insist that her sunbeam class refer to her as Jesus next Sunday.


Raised in a small South Dakota mining town where he learned the value of a sturdy pickaxe and native tubers, Scott is a man's man who knows the meaning of the word testosterone. Apart from devouring freshly slain beasts of the forest, Scott enjoys sharpening his tools, lifting heavy objects, and throwing a ball at a hoop suspended ten feet off of the ground. He also enjoys Romantic Era poetry and Italian cooking.
4 comments:
I love your daughter!! Awesome story. Thanks for sharing it. Miss you!
This is such a funny story! I especially loved "See you later at the boat!"
This is hilarious! I love you guys!
Dad and I are sitting here crying we are laughing so hard!! The phone call is a scream. Whitney had told me--but I am so glad you wrote it down.
Post a Comment