
My sister Cynthia (you know the one who listens to CSPAN on the radio while she gets ready in the morning) recommended this book and while I must admit it can be repetitive I do agree with his philosophy. I especially liked the first page:
There was a child went forth every day,
And the first object he look'd upon, that object he became,
And that object became part of him for a day or a certain part of the day,
Or for many years or stretching cycles of years...
- Walt Whitman
I like to play indoors better 'cause that's where all the electrical outlets are.
- a fourth-grader in San Diego
And the first object he look'd upon, that object he became,
And that object became part of him for a day or a certain part of the day,
Or for many years or stretching cycles of years...
- Walt Whitman
I like to play indoors better 'cause that's where all the electrical outlets are.
- a fourth-grader in San Diego


Raised in a small South Dakota mining town where he learned the value of a sturdy pickaxe and native tubers, Scott is a man's man who knows the meaning of the word testosterone. Apart from devouring freshly slain beasts of the forest, Scott enjoys sharpening his tools, lifting heavy objects, and throwing a ball at a hoop suspended ten feet off of the ground. He also enjoys Romantic Era poetry and Italian cooking.
No comments:
Post a Comment