Thursday, June 18, 2009

That's one way to cut costs

I took this picture of the inside of our fridge a few days ago. Full list of items:
peanut butter
left-over chili from a friend
Eve's bowl of quick oats & milk left-over from who knows when
milk (almost gone)
butter
pepper corns
empty salad spinner
yogurt
butter milk which expired a month ago
a couple of carrots
tahini paste
two jars pickles
dried apples
boiled eggs

Still haven't had the courage to go to the grocery store by myself with both kids and as a result I am predicting our grocery bill is going to be a bit smaller than previous months.

A word about the boiled eggs. We always have some on hand since they are a healthy cheap snack and will occupy Eve for a good 5 minutes as she peels them. But an unlooked for benefit is how much fun it is to see what cool shapes they can make if they happen to explode while boiling.

3 comments:

Scott Hardy said...

Can we come for dinner?

Kirsten and Steve said...

Becky!! I just caught up on your blog and can't believe you already had your sweet little boy! He is adorable. I am so happy for you guys.

Kirsten and Steve said...
This comment has been removed by the author.