10:30 - Wakes up crying so I bring her into our bed and nurse her back to sleep.
11:00 - vomits all over me and our bed.
At this point Scott wakes up and half asleep and blind (not wearing his -9.5 contacts) helps me clean up the vomit with baby wipes and offered to let me have the dry side of the bed. He was so tired he seriously would have slept in milk, pasta and apple vomit. Thankfully I was able to convince him to change the sheets.
11:45 - vomits again. We bring out the towels and lay them on the bed.
12:30 - dry heaving and crying
1:30 - dry heaving and crying
2:30 - dry heaving and crying
3:00 - more vomit
6:45 - Scott leaves for work without breakfast and only half a lunch packed (I was in bed with Eve)
7:00 - tried nursing her again afraid of dehydration.
7:05 - vomit allover me and the bathroom floor.
At this point Eve fell into a deep sleep and I was able to clean up a bit. She has since woken up and drank some water and nursed a bit before falling asleep; in my arms at the moment in fact.
It's hard to see your child sick. Last night as I lay awake holding our unusually limp daughter I was thinking of my cousin whose little girl has been fighting leukemia for the past few years complete with chemotherapy, steroids and monthly spinal taps. I can't imagine how you could survive something like that but it has helped me put my own trials in perspective. I'll take a night full of vomit any day.


Raised in a small South Dakota mining town where he learned the value of a sturdy pickaxe and native tubers, Scott is a man's man who knows the meaning of the word testosterone. Apart from devouring freshly slain beasts of the forest, Scott enjoys sharpening his tools, lifting heavy objects, and throwing a ball at a hoop suspended ten feet off of the ground. He also enjoys Romantic Era poetry and Italian cooking.
3 comments:
Poor Eve!! That sounds terribly rough, my heart goes out to Eve and her dry heaving, that's just misery. I hope she starts feeling better!!
So sad!! What a sweetiepie! Hope she's her happy little self soon!
It's no fun to have sick kids. I hope she's feeling better.
Post a Comment